Wednesday, January 20, 2010

:: BEAUTY :: My Must-Have Products

This last Saturday my mom and I took a quick trip to Newport Beach to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday.  Because it was going to be such a quick trip -- literally Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon -- we decided to fly and stick with just carry-on baggage.  Well I'm not a light packer and never have been.  But realizing that I really did not need a whole lot for a one-night stay at a place where I'd have access to anything my sister owned, I sucked it up and packed only what I needed.  When it came to the clothes, that was surprisingly easy.  When it came to my beauty products and I learned that my entire arsenal had to fit into one quart-size plastic baggy, I nearly flipped.  Now I don't consider myself THAT high maintenance, but I have very finicky hair and skin that I always worry will once again take the spot-ridden form that it did all through my adolescence.  So when I find products that work for me I stick with them and don't like to alter my routine too much.  I managed to omit a few pieces that I thought I could substitute with whatever my sister had, and all in all it went pretty well.  However, I wasn't entirely pleased.  All this got me thinking about what I really do rely on when it comes to looking and feeling my best.  Here are a few of my must-have products:


I'm a hippie at heart and this scent is so relaxing and grounding.

The net loofahs always fall apart on me, and this one is great for exfoliation.

My hair is curly and fine so finding a product that moisturized without weighing it down is nearly impossible.  This oil soaks in immediately giving my super dry hair some much needed moisture and totally brought my lifeless curls back to life -- the difference was dramatic!

It's a can of water.  I don't understand it, but it makes my skin super happy.

BEST LIP BALM EVER.  Super soft and uses no petroleum.

I tried this a while back because it smelled amazing, but it failed to deliver.  However, combined with the Moroccan Oil, it gives my curls incredible definition and hold without feeling sticky or creating build-up.

Light-weight and perfect coverage.  The color blends seamlessly into my skin, too.

This gives my cheeks the perfect amount of color without looking like makeup.  I carry it in my purse for touch-ups because blush makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment