Thursday, January 21, 2010

:: LIFE :: Hey La, Hey La, My Boyfriend's Back!

I am on Cloud 9 today because my boyfriend just returned home from a three-month internship in Texas --woo hoo!  I was actually lucky enough to take two trips out there to visit him -- which was an interesting experience, if anyone's familiar with The Woodlands, TX -- so it's really only been five weeks since we last saw each other.  But still, it was five LOOOOONG weeks...

His return home just keeps getting better though!  He just got an apartment in San Francisco with some of his buds, which means I get to go up to SF even more now :).  Although I must say that as I drove through Berkeley (where he has been living on campus while he finishes up his graduate degree) on my way home I started to get all sentimental.  I'd never been there until I met Conor, but it's such a cute little place with so many eateries I still want to try.  We'll just have to plan a couple date nights on the other side of the Bay Bridge from now on.  At this point, I'd rather be in San Francisco and just visit Berkeley than have it the other way around.  Not that this mitigates my living situation; I know I'm not moving (yet!).  And I'm not one of those girlfriends who claims she doesn't live with her boyfriend but stays there 5 nights out of the week bugging the crap out of his roommates, so I'll still be in San Jose a majority of the time I imagine.
Still, it's all very exciting to finally have him back and be able to visit him in the city that I love so dearly.  Life is pretty good right now... *contented sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment