Thursday, January 21, 2010

:: HOME :: Bloomingdales Big Window Challenge 2010


I decided today could be a lazy day, so I spent it catching up on my Google Reader.  F.Y.I., I went from 1000+  new items down to 737... not quite the improvement I was looking for, but I'll take it.  And yes, I know -- I have
way too much in my Reader.  Anyway, I came across the new Bloomingdales Big Window Challenge for 2010 on the ever-amazing POINTclickHOME.



Pictured above is the window designed by Eddie Ross, former Top Design contestant amongst many other things, for ELLE Decor.  While I'm not completely sold on everything here, it is my favorite of all three windows in the challenge, followed by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan for Apartment Therapy in a close second.  What I do love about Eddie's room is his mixing of patterns and textures.  It comes off less stale and contrived than what I've seen produced by many other "interior designers," and instead it appears fresh and personal; as if someone could and does actually live there.



I also love his use of color, something which the other two rooms are lacking, and the play on old vs. new.  It's lively, fun and modern while maintaining a very sophisticated and chic appearance.  If I moved into this room, I'd personally take out the retail-like shelves of antique urns on the left there.  I'd also consider changing the slightly dated, grandma wallpaper, but it might just grow on me, too.  All in all I would say "bravo!" (no pun intended) to Eddie -- you have my vote!


Have you checked out all the rooms?  Who are you voting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment