Monday, January 4, 2010

Must. Start. Blogging...!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Carrie, and this is my life.

I'm just a girl. I currently do not have much to grab you with, except maybe that I'm 25 and I'm living with my parents - yowza! Now look, I'm not one of those free-loading offspring who never leaves the nest because Mommy makes me smiley chocolate chip pancakes every morning. The unfortunate truth is that I moved from Orange County back to San Jose, and in with my parents, after graduating college so that I could save money and move to the amazingly beautiful city that is San Francisco. The only flaw in my plan was that one must have a job to save money. Ahhhh yes, note to self: have job first, save money second. Well six months after the dreaded move I am still jobless, with only a computer and my cat to my name... and a closet that is probably larger than it should be for an unemployed graduate (yes, I have a shopping problem but we'll get to that later). So here I am, starting a blog, after literally years of talking about it, to help myself sort things out while I make this transition through life.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I have to admit I've got it pretty good. I mean, my parents were more than happy to take me back, and rent free too! I have my trusty '99 4Runner, which I call my baby. I'm the proud mother of a little kitty who is the nuttiest little thing you'll ever meet. I have a fantastic group of friends who, even though we don't get to see each other on a regular basis, are basically my life support. And, most recently, I have an amazing boyfriend, who I'm hesitant to even mention since it's still pretty new and I'm afraid I'll jinx it. (Babe, if you're reading this, don't get any ideas...)

Basically I'm just here to talk about my life; the things I like and what makes me happy; the things I don't like and what makes me mad; things that inspire me; my ambitions and endeavors; my goals and my progress. My hopes are that it will end up being like a type of cathartic journaling. But it's not all for selfish reasons. Maybe you'll have advice for me (wait, still selfish). Maybe I'll be able to help some of you. Maybe we can compare lives and just relish in the joy of knowing that there is someone else out there with the same cockamamie tendencies. Anyway, I just want to share with you and allow you the chance to share back. Because if there's one thing I've learned in these last six, fruitless months it's that blogs are amazing. And even though they can suck an entire day right out from under your feet, it's almost o.k. because they are full of thoughtful, creative, inspiring little bits and I'd probably be a level forty on Farmville without them.

So as I sit here with my bowl of pistachio gelato, about to get ready for bed at 9 o'clock in the evening (did I mention that I'm 25 going on 80?), I'll seriously contemplate the future of my blog so as not to let you, or myself down. And while you anxiously wait for my next oh-so-riveting installment, check out my blogroll for my absolute favorites that might just inspire you to do something new and exciting too...

See you again soon!

{making friends with San Franciscan natives}

No comments:

Post a Comment