Tuesday, February 2, 2010

:: GOAL TRACKER :: Update 2/2/10

:: get a job!
In case you missed the announcement last week, I have a job!  I will be working for a cool tech company in Palo Alto starting next Monday.  So this week is officially my last week of unapologetic freedom.  I'm going to try and enjoy myself as much as I can, but I also have baby shower duties to tend to for my sister's shower, as it is coming up faster than I even realized.  Let the cutting and gluing resume!

:: get a job! - DONE and DONE!

:: move to San Francisco
Anyone who knows me (and you don't even need to know me well) knows that as soon as I got the call that confirmed my new employment, I was online looking at apartments in the city.  Actually, I've been looking at apartments since about the time I realized that I was less Orange County, where I lived for 4 years, and was more Bay Area, where I grew up.  Specifically, I was more San Francisco.  I think it's my ridiculously romantic, head-in-the-clouds ideals, but I've been craving city life for a long while now.  I just imagine myself in my 1920s, Victorian-style apartment with hardwood floors, decorated with panache, drinking tea from the kettle while snacking on a fresh baked croissant, reading the paper (which I don't even do now) and looking out at the tops of the Golden Gate Bridge reaching through the foggy ring around the city as the sun lightly taps each peak as if summoning them awake from the previous night's chilly slumber.  I want to be able to walk to a farmer's market every weekend and bring home fresh flowers to sit on my antique kitchen table.  I want to have my double-hung windows constantly open with the freshest California air filling my home and letting my French music filter out to the streets as a fellow Francophile walks by and is immediately lifted in spirits by the mysterious melody that seems to have come from the sky... *sigh*


:: read more books
Still actively working on this.  I am getting so close to finishing Eat, Pray, Love and it's definitely keeping me inspired and motivated, which is something I can definitely use at this time of serious transition.


:: relearn French
Eh...  I still haven't quite applied myself with regards to this goal.  But at the very least I do listen intensely when Conor's French roommates speak to one another.  They always say immersion is the best way to learn a language, right?


:: lose 15 pounds
I don't want to talk about it...  No, I want to report my progress to you but it's hard when you spend a weekend in Tahoe eating Creme Brûlèe Cheesecake and sipping warm, chocolaty coffee drinks.  I did get back to my routine today, though, starting with a 6:30 am wake-up call to walk with my mom and then my usual 2 mile run on the treadmill.  Between my interviews, being completely out of FRS and preparing for Tahoe last week, my routine took a dive...  actually, it just up and keeled over.  But I revived it, and my new supply of FRS just arrived, so I have high hopes for positive progress reports in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment