Tuesday, February 23, 2010

:: LIFE :: It's A Coffee & Donuts Kind of Life

Sorry, I'm a bad blogger...  I certainly have not been keeping up my part of the deal as author of this blog.  You see, the title implies that I actually write something here, which I have been neglecting to do as of late.  With that said and my sincerest apologies, I do have good reason for being a absent these days.

So I started my new job two weeks ago, and holy cow -- I LOVE it!  I'm not totally in love with getting up at 5:45am everyday and getting home at 7pm, but that's just temporary while I go through the training and learn the ropes.  It's small potatoes compared to the fact that I work for the most awesome company and I actually enjoy what I do.  What a concept!  And probably one of the best parts of my job is our amazing kitchen, which I sit only 15 ft. from and so I'm back and forth all day long, mostly just trying to feed myself something to keep my eyes open.  But it's got everything from drip coffee and espresso to organic yogurt and granola.  And we get free, catered lunch everyday.  On the down side, I've now become that working person who has consumed a entire cup of black coffee (after the espresso I made at home) before I'm even through my morning inbox.  And occasionally someone brings donuts in... I'm not going to lie, the prospect of a good ol' fashion donut gets my heart racing.  I always eat one, desperately hoping that if I got up the nerve to go back for a second (or...third?), no one would notice that the new girl is a bit of a fat-ass.  But I restrain myself for the simple fact that I wouldn't want to have seconds before someone else had their first.

But that has become my life now: the coffee drinkin', donut eatin', working girl.  And because I've been so busy with work I've totally let my other duties fall behind.  You obviously know I haven't been spending time on my blog, and if that wasn't bad enough, my sister's baby shower kind of fell by the way side, too -- yikes!  It was just this last weekend, and boy was it a crazy weekend!  I spent all day Thursday driving down to Newport Beach with a car full of fabric and my cat (yes, she travels with me and travels well).  By the time I got there I was exhausted from staying up until all hours of the evening the night before, so it was a relatively early night for me.  Friday was spent running errands -- mainly driving all the way to Beverly Hills to pick up these -- and getting things together.  Then it was a mad dash Saturday morning as everyone rushed to put things together, after we had kicked my sister out of her own house because I wanted everything to be a surprise.  And then the baby shower (post and pictures coming soon)...  I'm pleased to announce that it was a hit and everyone loved it, including my sister, which made me very happy.  And then Sunday I packed it all up and hit the road again... then back to work yesterday.  And I'm on the train to work again today.  So as you can see, I've been busy.

I have a feeling it's going to take some time to adjust to my new schedule and lifestyle, but I promise to do my best to keep dishing out my life stories and sharing fabulous things with you.  I'm just going to have to keep the coffee flowing and the donuts AWAY so my typing fingers can keep up with my whirling head.

No comments:

Post a Comment