Wednesday, January 9, 2013

:: FASHION :: 80s Theme Party Outift

A friend of mine is having a birthday bash this weekend, which just happens to be 80s themed.  Now, if you know anything about me, you know that my musical appreciation cut-off date is roughly 1984.  Not that everything post-1984 is terrible, but I personally resonate more with older music.  The early 80s still produced some great gems, but after '84... well, it gets a little rough.  But as a whole, I would say the decade brought us some of the best hair-tossing, finger-snapping, maniac-on-the-run dance music of all time.  I don't know about you, but I can (and have) danced to 80s music for hours on end.

Naturally, we're supposed to attend the party donned in some sort of 80s attire.  People usually got straight for the most offensive fashions of the 80s, including Day-Glo spandex, crimped (fried) hair, fingerless lace gloves and pegged jeans.  But I know the 80s had better days than that.  Sure, the gang from St. Elmo's Fire made some questionable choices.  But I dare say that the kids from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club were quite ahead of their time.  We also can't forget about the truly fabulous style icons of the 80s, such as Brooke Shields, Grace Jones, Princess Diana, Debbie Harry and Bianca Jagger.  

Alas, due to my relatively new budget restrictions and not wanting to buy anything too costumey that I wouldn't get additional wear out of, I decided to look for party attire no further than my own closet.  Having serendipitously just purchased a muscle tee with one of my all-time favorite classic rock bands plastered on the front, it proved to be all I needed for my outfit's inspiration....

For Those About to Rock -- AC/DC, 1982
clockwise from top left...

*c

No comments:

Post a Comment