Tuesday, October 7, 2014

:: LIFE :: October | THE THREE-LEGGED STOOL

October is here, and apparently it's going to be a circus!

I woke up on the morning of the 1st, as I do every month, with the kind of excitement that children reserve for Christmas. It's a new month, and that means the monthly forecast is here! Admittedly, I'm a little obsessed with it. It's just the perfect combination of advice, inspiration, and awareness. It's always spot on, and I feel like it's speaking directly to me. Which, of course, is all the more reason for me to give heed to what Lena Stevens transcribes every month, and I hope you find it equally as useful.

So the theme for October is the THREE-LEGGED STOOL, and sounds like a bit of a doozy, but in a frighteningly good way (how apropos). It'll be an eccentric month, producing moments of complete surprise, but this also serves as a challenge to us to see how we react to these unsuspecting moments. Do you roll with the punches and readjust accordingly, or do you retreat in fear and the feeling of being totally overwhelmed? Your reaction to what this month has to bring will determine whether you stay atop your three-legged stool (even if  balancing on only 1 leg at time), or if you will topple over...


I'll let you read through and contemplate Lena's forecast on your own, but I thought some accompanying imagery would be useful and inspiring. I found some of my favorite three-legged stools & chairs. Maybe having some of these around the house will be a reminder to maintain balance throughout your life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment